Friday 9 August 2013

First O&G night out!!

Last night I was invited out for dinner by the senior who I will be working with as a welcome to me and as a goodbye to a lovely visiting Canadian OBGYN who I had assisted on a teaching through CNIS (http://www.cnis.ca/). CNIS aims to teach life-saving skills in an ethical, sustainable and cost-effective manner. The instructors follow a standardized curriculum, in which they employ simulators, skills laboratories, and supervised teachings in the operating room. We had typical Ethiopian food followed by some good old Shoulder Dancing - I am rubbish at it but it is good fun!!

Attempting shoulder dancing
Failing at shoulder dancing!


OBGYN!!

At work I have been settling in and appreciating the differences between the hospital/care here and in the UK. I have been examining the medical students - they use the case study and viva set up and were asking about our OSCE set up in the UK.

I have found someone to wash my clothes and he irons and folds them and even pairs the socks - it's great!!






2 comments:

  1. Are those clothes on your bed? If so, those are some sexy-looking bedsheets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaaahhaaa! Yes they are the bed sheets!! They were provided already by the landlord but they are exactly the same as we saw in the market in Addis - although they had hearts on them too!!

    ReplyDelete